Women's Size Guide
Women's Size & Fit Chart
To help you find clothes that don’t just fit but also flatter, we’ve put together an easy-to-use size guide below.
How to measure
1. BUST: Measure under your arms, across the fullest part of your bust. It's not as tricky as it sounds, honest.
2. WAIST: Measure your natural waistline (find it by tipping to the side like a teapot). We promise we’re not just telling you to do this so you look silly.
3. HIP: Measure around the fullest part of your bottom at the top of your leg. We know it’s a bum job.
4. FRONT LENGTH: Measure from your shoulder point to the hem. Pretty self-explanatory.
5. INSIDE LEG: Measure from the lowest part of the crotch to bottom of the hem.
HOW DO I KNOW WHICH WOMENS SIZE I AM?
Choosing your pattern size is the most important step and we will help you determine this with these easy to follow steps.
- When taking your measurements ensure that you take them against your skin and not over clothing. One can wear a comfortable bra and knickers whilst measuring, as this will provide you with the most accurate measurements.
- Tape measure has to sit firmly around the points you are measuring. But be careful not to pull it too tight, as this will give you the incorrect size.
- When measuring circumferences (B, C, D, E) it is important to note that the tape measure must remain parallel to the floor. It is sometimes best to take the measurements in front of a mirror; this will help you see the angle of the tape measure.
- You will only require the basic body measurements to determine your pattern size which is indicated on our mannequin below:
A. Shoulder Breadth
Place the tape at the edge of the shoulder. Measure along the top of the shoulder blade/across the highest point of the shoulders to the other edge, following the natural slope and allow an extra finger for ease of any movement.
B. Upper Arm Girth
This point is taken as a circumference at your widest point of your upper arm.
This point is taken as a circumference parallel to the floor at the fullest part of your chest.
This point is taken as a circumference and taken at the smallest part of your waist.
This point is taken as a circumference parallel to the floor at the widest part of your hips.
|US Size||Size||Bust (inches)||Bust (cm)||Waist (inches)||Waist (cm)||Hip (inches)||Hip (cm)|
|2||XS||up to 33||up to 84||up to 26||up to 66||up to 35||up to 89|
|4||S||33 1/4-34||84-86 1/2||26 1/4-27||66-68 1/2||35 1/4-36||89-91 1/2|
|6||S||34 1/4-35||87-89||27 1/4-28||69-71||36 1/4 -37||92-94|
|8||M||35 1/2-37||90-94||28 1/2-30||72-76||37 1/2-39||95-99|
|10||M||37 1/2-39||95-99||30 1/2-32||77-81||39 1/2-41||100-104|
|12||L||39 1/2-41||100-104||32 1/2-34||82-86||41 1/2-43||105-109|
|14||L||41 1/2-43||105-109||34 1/2-36||87-91||43 1/2-45||110-114|
|16 & 16/18||XL||43 1/2-45||110-115||36 1/2-38||92-97||45 1/2-47||115-120|
|18 & 20/22||XL||45 1/2-47 1/2||116-121||38 1/2-40 1/2||98-103||47 1/2-49 1/2||121-126|
courtesy of www.bodenusa.com & www.stylearc.com